Turkey Chili Recipe!
I have been in a soup/stew mood for quite some time now. It is so easy to make a big batch and have easy healthy food in your fridge all week. Growing up in Chicago, chili warmed me up after being out in the snow and cold all day. It makes me feel a little festive here in LA when its sunny and 65 in December.
I am all about easy when it comes to cooking. This takes no longer then 1 hour from start to finish. I made this while relaxing and reading a book. And, you will LOVE the way it makes your house smell!
• olive oil to sautee
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 1/2 pound ground turkey (organic and hormone free)
• 4 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 box diced tomatoes (I don’t like cans due to BPA)
• 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (organic)
• 2 cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (organic)
• 3 cobs of fresh organic corn (cut off the cob)
• For topping: cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream
Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Then, add in ground turkey and break up the meat and cook until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper; make sure you mix the well.
Next add in the entire box of tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until chili. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with anything you'd like!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!